On 10th and 11th of December, a workshop for MatCalc users was organized in Vienna. Four participants from industry met together and presented the topics of their interest, including:
– Phase equilibria in steels with Cr, Mo and V
– Precipitation of γ’-phase in Ni-based superalloys
– Evaluation of second ductility trough in the steel at the cooling line
– Simulation of DSC curves
– Simulation of recrystallization process
– Calculation of flow curves including dynamic strengthening mechanisms
Together with Ernst Kozeschnik and Piotr Warczok, the ways of treating these problems with MatCalc were demonstrated and discussed extensively. The points raised by the users gave us also some more ideas for the future optimization of MatCalc towards the better fulfillment of the industrial needs.
Traditionally, the first workshop day was crowned with a social evening during which we have visited a “Christkindlmarkt” (Christmas Market) at Schönbrunn Palace. Afterwards, we enjoyed some Viennese specialties for supper at “LudwigVan” restaurant.